Place:


Tadlow  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tadlow like this:

TADLOW, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge 3¾ miles SE of Gamlingay r. station, and 7 NW of Royston. Post town, Potton, under St. Neots. Acres, 1,717. Real property, £1,413. Pop., 214. Houses, 40. The manor belongs to Downing College, Cambridge. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £127.* Patron, Downing College, Cambridge. The church is early English.

Tadlow through time

Tadlow is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tadlow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tadlow in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3231

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tadlow ".