Place:


Bergh Apton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bergh Apton like this:

BURGH-APTON, or Bergh-Apton, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk, 2½ miles SSW of Buckenham r. station, and 3 NW of Loddon. It has a post office, of the name of Bergh-Apton, under Norwich. Acres, 1,620. Real property, £3,931. Pop., 544. Houses, 129. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Holverstone, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £573.* Patron, the Earl of Abergavenny. The church has a lofty tower, and is good. There are a national school, and charities £117.

Bergh Apton through time

Bergh Apton is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bergh Apton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bergh Apton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3202

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bergh Apton ".