Place:


Colkirk  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Colkirk like this:

COLKIRK, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; near the Norfolk railway and the river Wensum, 2 miles S of Fakenham. Post town, Fakenham. Acres, 1, 482. Real property, £2, 824. Pop., 473. Houses, 97. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Stibbard, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £788.* Patron, Henry Hoare, Esq. The church was repaired in 1859. Charities, £33.

Colkirk through time

Colkirk is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Colkirk itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Colkirk, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3072

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Colkirk ".