Place:


Teigngrace  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Teigngrace like this:

TEIGNGRACE, a parish, with a r. station, in Newton-Abbot district, Devon; on the river Teign, the Stover canal, and the Moreton-Hampstead railway, 2¼ miles N by W of Newton-Abbot. Post town, Newton-Abbot. Acres, 1,329. Real property, £2,090; of which £360 are in the canal. Pop., 172. Houses, 31. The manor, with Stover House, belongs to the Du1 e of Somerset. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £171. Patron, the Duke of Somerset. The church was rebuilt in 1787.

Teigngrace through time

Teigngrace is now part of Teignbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teignbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Teigngrace itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Teigngrace, in Teignbridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3045

Date accessed: 13th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Teigngrace ".