Place:


Llanddewi Ysgyryd  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanddewi Ysgyryd like this:

LLANTHEWY-SKIRRID, a parish in Abergavenny district, Monmouth; under Skirrid-fawr hill, 2½ miles SE of Llanfihangel r. station, and 3½ NE of Abergavenny. Post town, Abergavenny. Acres, 1,060. Real property, £1,136. Pop., 88. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £187. Patron, the Rev. M. H. Jones. The church is good.

Llanddewi Ysgyryd through time

Llanddewi Ysgyryd is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanddewi Ysgyryd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanddewi Ysgyryd in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3015

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanddewi Ysgyryd ".