Place:


Rownhams  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rownhams like this:

ROWNHAMS, a chapelry in Nursling, Romsey, and North Baddesley parishes, Hants; 2¼ miles N N E of Red-bridge r. station, and 4½ N W of Southampton. It was constituted in 1856; and its post town is Redbridge, under Southampton. Pop., 393. Houses, 92. R. House is the seat of Mrs. Colt. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £60. Patron, Mrs. Colt. The church is recent.

Rownhams through time

Rownhams is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rownhams itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rownhams, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2996

Date accessed: 21st September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rownhams ".