Place:


Burlingham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burlingham like this:

BURLINGHAM-ST. ANDREW, a parish in Blofield district, Norfolk; 2½ miles W by S of Acle, and 3 NE by E of Brundall r. station. It has a post office, of the name of Burlingham, under Norwich. Acres, 750. Real property, £2,048. Pop., 186. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. Burlingham House is the seat of H. Burroughes, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Burlingham-St. Edmund, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £550. Patron, H. Burroughes, Esq. The church has a painted rood-screen of the 16th century.

Burlingham through time

Burlingham is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burlingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burlingham, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2933

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burlingham ".