Place:


Bolas Magna  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bolas Magna like this:

BOLAS MAGNA, or Great Bolas, a township and a parish in Wellington district, Salop. The township lies on the river Tern, 2¼ miles N NE of Crudgington r. station, and 6½ WNW of Newport; and has a post office, of the name of Great Bolas, under Wellington, Salop.—The parish includes also the township of Meeson. Acres, 1,845. Real property, £3,069. Pop., 278. Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £304.* Patron, Viscount Hill.

Bolas Magna through time

Bolas Magna is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bolas Magna itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bolas Magna, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2860

Date accessed: 25th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bolas Magna ".