Place:


Llandeilo Bertholau  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandeilo Bertholau like this:

LLANTILLIO-PERTHOLEY, a parish of two divisions, Citra and Ultra, in Abergavenny district, Monmouth; on the Abergavenny and Hereford railway, 2 miles NNE of Abergavenny. Post town, Abergavenny. Acres, 6,859. Real property of thediv., £4,212. Pop., in 1851,375; in 1861,392. Houses, 83. Real property of the U. ...


div., £3,123. Pop. in 1851,473; in 1861, 592. Houses, 125. The increase of pop. arose from the operations of a building society. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £242.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Llandaff. The church was reported in 1859 as not good. Charities, £34.

Llandeilo Bertholau through time

Llandeilo Bertholau is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandeilo Bertholau itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandeilo Bertholau in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2846

Date accessed: 18th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandeilo Bertholau ".