Place:


West Twyford  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Twyford like this:

TWYFORD-ABBEY, an extra-parochial tract in Hendon district, Middlesex; 8½ miles WNW of St. Paul's, London. Acres, 300. Pop., 18. Houses, 4. T. Abbey is the seat of T. Wood, Esq.; and a small church is in its grounds.

The location is that of Twyford Abbey.

West Twyford through time

West Twyford is now part of Ealing district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ealing has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Twyford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Twyford, in Ealing and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2721

Date accessed: 16th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Twyford ".