Place:


Kennetpans  Clackmannanshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Kennetpans like this:

Kennetpans, a small village in Clackmannan parish, Clackmannanshire, on the NE shore of the Forth, 1 ¾ mile NW of Kincardine. It has a harbour, ranking as a subport of Alloa. Kennetpans House stands near the village, and commands a fine view of the Forth.

Additional information about this locality is available for Clackmannan

Kennetpans through time

Kennetpans is now part of Clackmannanshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Clackmannanshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kennetpans itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kennetpans in Clackmannanshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26853

Date accessed: 24th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kennetpans ".