Place:


Waterloo  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waterloo like this:

WATERLOO, or Waterlooville, an extra-parochial chapelry in Catherington district, Hants; 3½ miles NW of Havant r. station. It has a post-office under Cosham. Pop., 243. Houses, 52. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £100. Patrons, the Bishop of W. and W. College.

Waterloo through time

Waterloo is now part of Havant district. Click here for graphs and data of how Havant has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Waterloo itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waterloo, in Havant and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2668

Date accessed: 15th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Waterloo ".