Place:


Stibbington  Huntingdonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stibbington like this:

STIBBINGTON, a parish, with Stibbington and Sibson villages, in the district of Stamford and county of Huntingdon; on the river Nen, around Wansford r. station, 6½ miles W of Peterborough. Post town, Wansford. Acres, 1,530. Real property, £3,122. Pop., 721. Houses, 135. The manor belongs to the Duke of Bedford. S. Hall is the seat of M. Vipan, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £431.* Patron, the Duke of Bedford. The church is Norman and early English, and was recently restored. Charities, £9.

Additional information about this locality is available for Sibson

Stibbington through time

Stibbington is now part of Huntingdonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Huntingdonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stibbington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stibbington in Huntingdonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26502

Date accessed: 25th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stibbington ".