Place:


Westhope  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westhope like this:

WESTHOPE, a chapelry in Diddlebury parish, Salop; under Wenlock Edge, 3¼ miles NE of Craven-Arms r. station, and 5 S by E of Church-Stretton. Post town, Diddlebury, under Bromfield, Salop. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a donative, annexed to Diddlebury.

Additional information about this locality is available for Diddlebury

Westhope through time

Westhope is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westhope itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westhope in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25931

Date accessed: 23rd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westhope ".