In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bevington like this:
BEVINGTON, chapelry in Liverpool parish; in the northern part of Liverpool borough. Pop., 14,381. Houses, 2,161. It was constituted in 1845; and is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.
The location is approximately that of Bevington Street and Bevington Hill, within Liverpool. Additional information about this locality is available for Liverpool
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bevington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Liverpool. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bevington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bevington, in Liverpool and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bevington".