Place:


Henllan  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Henllan like this:

HENLLAN-AMGOED, a hamlet and a parish in the district of Narberth and county of Carmarthen. The hamlet lies on a branch of the river Taff, adjacent to Pembrokeshire, 3¼ miles N by W of Whitland r. station, and 6½ NE of Narberth. Acres, 1, 033. Real property, £865. Pop., 177. ...


Houses, 35. The parish includes also the chapelry of Eglwysfairachyrig; and its post town is Whitland, under Narberth. Acres, 3, 651. Real property, £2, 071. Pop., 445. Houses, 91. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Eglwysfairachyrig, in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £86. Patrons, the Landed Proprietors. The church is good, and there is an Independent chapel.

Henllan through time

Henllan is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Henllan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Henllan in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2561

Date accessed: 20th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Henllan ".