Place:


Chalvey  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chalvey like this:

CHALVEY, a chapelry in Upton parish, Bucks; adjacent to the Great Western railway, 1 mile W of Slough. Post Town, Slough. Pop., 674. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Upton, in the diocese of Oxford. The church was built in 1861; and is in the early decorated English style, with some peculiarities of design.

Additional information about this locality is available for Upton

Chalvey through time

Chalvey is now part of Slough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Slough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chalvey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chalvey, in Slough and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25605

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chalvey ".