Place:


Sheepscar  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sheepscar like this:

SHEEPSCAR, a chapelry in Leeds borough, W. R. Yorkshire. The statistics are not separately returned. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Bishop and the Crown. A temporary iron church was built in 1866; and a permanent stone one in 1867.

Additional information about this locality is available for Leeds

Sheepscar through time

Sheepscar is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sheepscar itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sheepscar, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25496

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sheepscar ".