Place:


Earlsheaton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Earlsheaton like this:

EARLS-HEATON, a chapelry in Dewsbury parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Calder, 1 mile ESE of Dewsbury r. station. It has a post office under Dewsbury, Pop., 4, 019. Houses, 837. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Ripon. Value, £164.* Patron, the Vicar of Dewsbury. The church was built in 1827. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Dewsbury

Earlsheaton through time

Earlsheaton is now part of Kirklees district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kirklees has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Earlsheaton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Earlsheaton, in Kirklees and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25442

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Earlsheaton ".