Place:


Betws  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Betws like this:

BETTWS, a parish in Newport district, Monmouth; on the Crumlin canal, near the Avon-Ilwyd railway, 2½ miles NW of Newport. Post Town, Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 1,132. Real property, £1,236. Pop., 84. Houses, 15. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy annexed to St. Woollas-Newport, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is bad.

Betws through time

Betws is now part of Newport district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newport has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Betws itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Betws, in Newport and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2532

Date accessed: 23rd May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Betws ".