Place:


Daresbury  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Daresbury like this:

DARESBURY, a township-chapelry and a sub-district in Runcorn district, Cheshire. The chapelry is in Runcorn parish; lies on the Chester and Manchester railway, adjacent to the Bridgewater canal, 4¼ miles SW by S of Warrington; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Warrington. ...


Acres, 599. Real property, £1, 719. Pop., 136. Houses, 28. Daresbury Hall is a chief resideuce. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £175.* Patron, G. Greenall, Esq. A school has £42 from endowment; and other charities £7. The subdistrict contains eight other townships of Runcorn parish, and one of Great Budworth. Acres, 8, 963. Pop., 2, 841. Houses, 511.

Daresbury through time

Daresbury is now part of Halton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Halton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Daresbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Daresbury, in Halton and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2516

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Daresbury ".