Place:


Grovebury  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grovebury like this:

GROVEBURY, a manor in Leighton Buzzard parish, Beds. It was given by Henry II. to the nuns of Fontevralt in Normandy; became the site of an alien convent; and passed to the dean and canons of Windsor.

Additional information about this locality is available for Leighton Buzzard

Grovebury through time

Grovebury is now part of South Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grovebury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grovebury in South Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25103

Date accessed: 25th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grovebury ".