Place:


Battyeford  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Battyeford like this:

BATTYEFORD, a chapelry, with a village, in Mirfield parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles WSW of Dewsbury r. station. It was constituted in 1841; and its Post Town is Dewsbury. Rated property, £8,000. Pop., 3,115. Houses, 704. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150.* Patron, the Vicar of Mirfield. The church is good; and there is an Independent chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Mirfield

Battyeford through time

Battyeford is now part of Kirklees district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kirklees has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Battyeford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Battyeford, in Kirklees and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24812

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Battyeford ".