Place:


Bradford Road  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradford Road like this:

BRADFORD-ROAD, a chapelry in Manchester parish, Lancashire; in the eastern suburbs of Manchester. It was constituted in 1837, and reconstituted in 1850. Pop., 10,540. Houses, 2,043. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester; of the value of £300, in the patronage of trustees.

The location is that of the church of St Philip Bradford Road, as marked and named on the Ordnance Survey 1:2,500 map of Lancashire of 1893, accessible on www.old-maps.co.uk. Additional information about this locality is available for Bradford

Bradford Road through time

Bradford Road is now part of Manchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Manchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradford Road itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradford Road, in Manchester and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24627

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradford Road ".