Place:


Carnmenellis  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carnmenellis like this:

CARNMENELLIS, or Carn-Menelez, a chapelry in Wendron parish, Cornwall; on the river Kennal, near the Cornwall railway, 3 miles S of Redruth. It was constituted in 1846. Post Town, Redruth. Pop., 3,094. Houses, 589. Carn-Menelez hill here is 822 feet high. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £184.* Patron, Mrs. Broadley.

Additional information about this locality is available for Wendron

Carnmenellis through time

Carnmenellis is now part of Kerrier district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kerrier has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carnmenellis itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carnmenellis, in Kerrier and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24480

Date accessed: 21st January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carnmenellis ".