Place:


Longden  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Longden like this:

LONGDON, a chapelry in Pontesbury parish, Salop; 3 miles WSW of Condover r. station, and 5 SW of Shrewsbury. Post town, Shrewsbury. Pop., 88. There are malt kilns and lead mines. The living is a donative in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £75. Patron, the Rev. J. Breese. The church is of brick.

Additional information about this locality is available for Pontesbury

Longden through time

Longden is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Longden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Longden, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24456

Date accessed: 12th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Longden ".