Place:


Little Drayton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Drayton like this:

DRAYTON-PARVA, a township-chapelry in Drayton-in-Hales parish, Salop; 1 mile SW of Market-Drayton. Post town, Market-Drayton. Rated property, £7, 400. Pop., 2, 162. Houses, 497. The property is much subdivided. The chapelry was constituted in 1848. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £155.* Patron, the Vicar of Drayton-in-Hales. The church was built in 1847; and is a Gothic structure, with a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Market Drayton

Little Drayton through time

Little Drayton is now part of North Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Drayton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Drayton in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24455

Date accessed: 27th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Drayton ".