Place:


Little Amwell  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Amwell like this:

AMWELL. (Little), a chapelry in All Saints parish, Hertford; 1 mile W by S of Ware. Acres, 491. Real property, £3,019. Pop., 500. Houses, 96. The living is a vicarage. Value, £90.* The church was built in 1863.

Little Amwell through time

Little Amwell is now part of East Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Amwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Amwell in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2442

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Amwell ".