Place:


Coleham  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coleham like this:

COLEHAM, a chapelry in St. Julian-Shrewsbury parish, Salop; within Shrewsbury borough, ½ a mile S of Shrewsbury. It was constituted in 1840. Pop., 2, 773. Houses,-595. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £123. Patron, the Earl of Tankerville.

Additional information about this locality is available for Shrewsbury

Coleham through time

Coleham is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coleham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coleham, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24343

Date accessed: 21st May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coleham ".