Place:


Corston  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Corston like this:

CORSTON, a tything-chapelry in St. Paul-Malmsbury parish, Wilts; 2¼ miles SSW of Malmsbury, and 7 N by E of Chippenham r. station. Post town, Malmsbury, under Chippenham. Pop., 315. Houses, 66. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Malmsbury, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is perpendicular English, and has an elegant bell-turret.

Additional information about this locality is available for Malmesbury

Corston through time

Corston is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Corston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Corston in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24329

Date accessed: 12th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Corston ".