Place:


Fauls  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fauls like this:

FAULS, a chapelry in Prees parish, Salop; near the Prees station of the Crewe and Shrewsbury railway, 4¼ miles NE of Wem. It was constituted in 1856; and its post town is Prees, under Shrewsbury. Rated property, £4, 354. Pop., 504. Houses, 100. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicn rage in the docese of Lichfield. Value, £50. Patron, the Vicar of Prees. The church is a very good edifice of brick.

Additional information about this locality is available for Prees

Fauls through time

Fauls is now part of North Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fauls itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fauls in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24209

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fauls ".