Place:


Cheadle Hulme  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cheadle Hulme like this:

CHEADLE-HULME, a chapelry in Cheadle parish, Cheshire; mainly identical with Cheadle-Bulkeley township. It was constituted in 1868; and it has a post office under Stockport, and a r. station. The living is a vicarage. Value, £160. The church was built in 1863, and is in the decorated English style. An Independent chapel was built in 1869.

Additional information about this locality is available for Cheadle

Cheadle Hulme through time

Cheadle Hulme is now part of Stockport district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stockport has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cheadle Hulme itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cheadle Hulme, in Stockport and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24164

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cheadle Hulme ".