Place:


Hendford  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hendford like this:

HENDFORD, a chapelry in Yeovil parish, Somerset; on the river Yeo, adjacent to Dorset, in the vicinity of Yeovil town and r. station. It was constituted in 1848. Post town, Yeovil. Pop., 3, 997. Houses, 716. Hendford Manor House is the seat of Edwin Newman, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is modern; and there is an Independent chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Yeovil

Hendford through time

Hendford is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hendford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hendford in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24103

Date accessed: 26th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hendford ".