Place:


Edstaston  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edstaston like this:

EDSTASTON, a chapelry in Wem parish, Salop; on the Crewe and Shrewsbury railway, 2 miles NNE of Wem. It was constituted in 1847; and it has a post office under Shrewsbury. Rated property, £6, 096. Pop., 799. Houses, 175. The property is divided among a few. Edstaston Hall is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rector of Wem. The church is old but good; and there is a Primitive Methodist chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Wem

Edstaston through time

Edstaston is now part of North Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edstaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edstaston in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24019

Date accessed: 24th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edstaston ".