Place:


Donington Wood  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Donington Wood like this:

DONINGTON-WOOD, a chapelry in Lilleshall parish, Salop; at Donington township and r. station, 3½ miles SW of Newport. It was constituted in 1851. Post town, Donington, under Newport, Salop. Rated property, £3, 000. Pop., 1, 351. Houses, 243. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £179.* Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is tolerable.

Additional information about this locality is available for Lilleshall

Donington Wood through time

Donington Wood is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Donington Wood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Donington Wood, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24017

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Donington Wood ".