Place:


Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-UWCH-GWILLY, a chapelry in Abergwilly parish, Carmarthenshire; 5½ miles ENE of Carmarthen r. station. Post town, Abergwilly, under Carmarthen. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £75. Patron, the Vicar of Abergwilly.

Additional information about this locality is available for Abergwili

Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili through time

Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23984

Date accessed: 20th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfihangel Uwch Gwili ".