Place:


Abergorlech  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abergorlech like this:

ABERGORLECH, a village and a chapelry, in Llanbyther parish, Carmarthen; at the confluence of the Gorlech with the Coth, 7 miles WNW of Llangadock r. station, and 7 NW of Llandeilofawr. Post Town, Llandeilo under Carmarthen. The chapelry is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £60. Patron, the Vicar of Llanbyther.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llanybydder

Abergorlech through time

Abergorlech is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abergorlech itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abergorlech in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23979

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Abergorlech ".