Place:


Sambrook  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sambrook like this:

SAMBROOK, two townships and a chapelry on the N E border of Salop; averagely 5 miles N N W of Newport r. station. The townships are in respectively Chetwynd and Cheswardine parishes; and the chapelry includes also part of Edgmond parish, and was constituted in 1856. Post-town, Newport, Salop. Rated property, £3, 941. Pop., 552. Houses, 113. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £165.* Patron, J.B. Borough, Esq. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Chetwynd

Sambrook through time

Sambrook is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sambrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sambrook, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23946

Date accessed: 21st November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sambrook ".