Place:


Cruckton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cruckton like this:

CRUCKTON, a chapelry, with a village, in Pontesbury parish, Salop; 3 miles WSW of Shrewsbury town and r. station. Post town, Shrewsbury. Real property, £4, 981. Pop., 155. The property is divided among a few. Cruckton Hall is the seat of the Harrieses. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the second Pontesbury rectory, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Pontesbury

Cruckton through time

Cruckton is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cruckton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cruckton, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23899

Date accessed: 15th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cruckton ".