Place:


Bourton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bourton like this:

BURTON, a chapelry in Much Wenlock parish, Salop; 3 miles SW by S of Much Wenlock r. station. It has a post office under Wellington, Salop. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £50. Patron, the Vicar of Much Wenlock.

Additional information about this locality is available for Wenlock

Bourton through time

Bourton is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bourton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bourton, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23897

Date accessed: 23rd January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bourton ".