Place:


New Swindon  Wiltshire

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described New Swindon like this:

New Swindon, local government dist., Rodborne Cheney, Stratton St Margaret, and Swindon pars., Wilts, forming the chief part of the town of Swindon, 1310 ac., pop. 17,768; P.O., T.O. See SWINDON.

The location is where the name "New Town" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. Additional information about this locality is available for Swindon

New Swindon through time

New Swindon is now part of Swindon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swindon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about New Swindon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of New Swindon, in Swindon and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23865

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " New Swindon ".