Place:


Tittensor  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tittensor like this:

TITTENSOR, a chapelry in Stone parish, Stafford; 1¼ mile W by S of Barlaston r. station, and 3½ NNW of Stone. It has a post-office under Stone. Real property, £2,266. Pop., 347. The living is annexed to Stone.

Additional information about this locality is available for Stone

Tittensor through time

Tittensor is now part of Stafford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stafford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tittensor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tittensor, in Stafford and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23861

Date accessed: 24th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tittensor ".