In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clyst Honiton like this:
CLIST-HONITON, a parish in St. Thomas district, Devon; on the river Clist, and on the Yeovil and Exeter railway, 1 mile WSW of Broad-Clist r. station, and 4 ENE of Exeter. Post town, Broad-Clist, under Exeter. Acres, 1, 725. Real property, £3, 595. Pop., 416. Houses, 83. The property is divided among a few. ...
The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £125.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The church is a fine old edifice of nave, chancel, and north aisle, with lofty western tower; and has a very ancient font. Charities, £26.
Clyst Honiton is now part of East Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clyst Honiton itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clyst Honiton in East Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clyst Honiton ".