Place:


Hatfield Heath  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hatfield Heath like this:

HATFIELD-HEATH, a chapelry in Hatfield-BroadOak parish, Essex; 1¾ mile SW of Hatfield-broad-Oak, and 2½ E of Sawbridgeworth r. station. It was constituted in 1860; and its post town is Hatfield-Broad-Oak, under Harlow. Pop., 622. Houses, 124. The manor belongs to George A. Lowndes, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £75.* Patron, the Vicar of Hatfield-Broad-Oak. The church was built in 1860; is in the early English style; and consists of nave and chancel, with tower and spire. There is an Independent chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Hatfield Broad Oak

Hatfield Heath through time

Hatfield Heath is now part of Uttlesford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Uttlesford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hatfield Heath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hatfield Heath, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23570

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hatfield Heath ".