Place:


Alperton  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alperton like this:

ALPERTON, a hamlet in the parish of Harrow-on the-Hill, Middlesex; near the river Brent, the Paddington canal, and the Northwestern railway, 8 miles WNW of St. Paul's, London. It has a post office under Ealing, London W. Pop., 242.

Additional information about this locality is available for Harrow

Alperton through time

Alperton is now part of Brent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Brent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Alperton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alperton, in Brent and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23556

Date accessed: 10th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Alperton ".