Place:


Chigwell Row  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chigwell Row like this:

CHIGWELL-ROW, a village and a chapelry in Chigwell parish, Essex. The village stands on the N side of Hainault forest, 1½ mile E of Chigwell village; is the Cingawella of the Saxons; and has a post office under Chigwell, London NE. The chapelry was constituted in 1860. Pop., 665. Houses, 136. Mineral waters are here. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Rochester. Value, £300.* Patron, alt. the Crown and the Bishop.

Additional information about this locality is available for Chigwell

Chigwell Row through time

Chigwell Row is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chigwell Row itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chigwell Row, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23513

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chigwell Row ".