Place:


Englefield Green  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Englefield Green like this:

ENGLEFIELD GREEN, a chapelry in Egham parish, Surrey; near the boundary with Berks, the river Thames, and the London and Reading railway, 3¼ miles W of Staines. It has a post office under Staines. The statistics are returned with the parish; and the living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Egham.

Englefield Green through time

Englefield Green is now part of Runnymede district. Click here for graphs and data of how Runnymede has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Englefield Green itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Englefield Green, in Runnymede and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23502

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Englefield Green ".