Place:


Broughton  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton like this:

BROUGHTON, a chapelry in Hawarden parish, Flint; on the Mold railway, 4¾ miles SW of Chester. It has a station, of the name of Broughton-Hall, on the railway, and a post office, of the name of Vroughton, under Chester. Acres, 1,569. Real property, £2,269. Pop., 388. Houses, 74. Hawarden Park, the seat of Sir S. R. Glynne, Bart., is adjacent. Broughton Hall is an ancient wooden mansion, of the Richardsons.-The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Hawarden, in the diocese of St. Asaph.

Broughton through time

Broughton is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23253

Date accessed: 11th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broughton ".