Place:


Oldridge  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oldridge like this:

OLDRIDGE, a chapelry in St. Thomas parish, Devon; 3 miles S W of Crediton r. station. Post-town, Crediton, North Devon. The statistics are returned with the parish. The limits include only four farms and a fewcottages. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £60. Patron, J. W. Buller, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1789.

Oldridge through time

Oldridge is now part of Teignbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teignbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oldridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oldridge, in Teignbridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23249

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oldridge ".