Place:


Taliaris  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Taliaris like this:

TALIARIS, a chapelry in Llandilo-fawr parish, Carmarthen; 2½ miles N of Talley-Road r. station, and 4½ N by E of Llandilo-fawr. Post town, Llandilo, under Carmarthen. Real property, £1,1 12. Pop., 178. T. House belonged to the Gwynes, and passed to the Peels. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £133.* Patron, W. Peel, Esq. The church is good.

Taliaris through time

Taliaris is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Taliaris itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Taliaris in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23203

Date accessed: 19th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Taliaris ".